South Central Minnesota TZD
South Central TZD includes the counties of Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Fairbault, Jackson, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Nobles, Rock, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan.
Overview and Strategic Plan
TZD Initiatives in this Region
- Deputy, prosecutor recognized for Toward Zero Deaths achievements (Mankato Free Press, November 20, 2016)
- Our View: Safer driving needed on roads (Mankato Free Press, May 2, 2016)
- Intersection, lane drifting crashes up regionally (Mankato Free Press, April 26, 2016)
- South Central Minnesota Toward Zero Death Regional Workshop Reflects On Progress (KEYC TV News, April 26, 2016)
- Driver in Mankato featured in state Distracted Driving campaign (KTOE Radio, April 12, 2016)
- Law Enforcement Cracks Down On Distracted Driving (KEYC TV News, April 8, 2016)
- Law Enforcement to Watch for Distracted Driving (St. Peter Herald.com, April 8, 2016)
The sixth annual workshop was held May 4, 2017, in New Ulm, MN.
Regional Seat Belt Data
In 2014, the seat belt compliance rate in South Central Minnesota was 84.6 percent—a significant decrease from the 2013 rate of 87.8 percent.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map