South Central Minnesota TZD
South Central TZD includes the counties of Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Fairbault, Jackson, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Nobles, Rock, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan.
Overview and Strategic Plan
TZD Initiatives in this Region
- Deputy, prosecutor recognized for Toward Zero Deaths achievements (Mankato Free Press, November 20, 2016)
- Our View: Safer driving needed on roads (Mankato Free Press, May 2, 2016)
- Intersection, lane drifting crashes up regionally (Mankato Free Press, April 26, 2016)
- South Central Minnesota Toward Zero Death Regional Workshop Reflects On Progress (KEYC TV News, April 26, 2016)
- Driver in Mankato featured in state Distracted Driving campaign (KTOE Radio, April 12, 2016)
- Law Enforcement Cracks Down On Distracted Driving (KEYC TV News, April 8, 2016)
- Law Enforcement to Watch for Distracted Driving (St. Peter Herald.com, April 8, 2016)
In lieu of a regional workshop, South Central regional stakeholders are invited to attend the 2018 Statewide TZD Conference, which will be held on October 23-24, 2018, in Mankato.
Regional Seat Belt Data
The regional seat belt rate was 86.9 percent in April 2017. The 2016 rate was 87.6 percent, a slight drop that is not statistically significant.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map
These maps shows the locations of fatal and serious injury crashes in the entire South Central region and in each county between 2013 and 2017.