Northwest Minnesota TZD
Northwest TZD includes the Minnesota counties of Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau.
Overview and Strategic Plan
TZD Initiatives in this Region
- Two Fosston kids 'Saved by the Belt' (Crookston Times, May 23, 2017)
- Working 'Toward' a common goal: Statewide group holds traffic safety workshop in Bemidji (Bemidji Pioneer, May 25, 2016)
- Toward Zero Deaths (Lakeland Public Television, May 25, 2016)
- Key Club video about distracted driving (Thief River Falls Times, April 18, 2016)
- Toward Zero Deaths: Picking up the pieces, Warroad woman tells how crash impacted two families (Bemidji Pioneer, May 13, 2015)
The ninth annual workshop was held May 23, 2018, at the Ralph Engelstad Arena in Thief River Falls, MN.
Regional Seat Belt Data
As of May 2017, the seat belt compliance rate in Northwest Minnesota was 79%—an increase from 78.3% in 2016.
Fatal & Serious Injury Crash Map
These maps shows the locations of fatal and serious injury crashes in the entire Northwest region and in each county between 2013 and 2017.